Winter weather is just around the corner in Albuquerque and when the temperature lowers, the energy bills can often get higher. There are many things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort this winter, and Pella Windows and Doors Southwest is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
So, what’s so important about storm door installation? While storm doors are beneficial regardless of the season, here are some of the benefits that storm doors offer during Albuquerque winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the comfort of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money in your home as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can sneak in and influence your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella Windows and Doors Southwest experts a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and clean these areas to create a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to come into your home. Consult with a professional to repair these issues before the winter hits Albuquerque.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors Southwest in Albuquerque a call at 505-373-1296 or stop by our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.