Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a good way to add value to your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before ripping out your floors and tearing down your kitchen cabinets. Consider these do’s and don’ts to create the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the smart way:
- Research to make sure you are hiring the right contractor. Browse reviews online, ask your friends and peers for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor has the lowest bid.
- Determine your kitchen must-haves—are you hoping to have an energy efficient kitchen? Have a certain finish or countertop material? Do you want to have appliances with the latest technology?
- Figure out what the most sensible floor plan would be for your kitchen space. Keep it functional and efficient with sufficient storage and countertop space that matches your needs and the needs of your household. What is the purpose of your space? What do you use your kitchen for most? Cooking? Entertaining? Spending time with your family?
- Store all your receipts. Have them in a safe place to pull out when filing your taxes or to use if you decide to sell your home in the future.
- Focus only on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most important things about your new kitchen. Be sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen functioning efficiently for years to come.
- Forget your budget! Remain on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are worth the most to you. We recommend budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you imagine you’ll need so you can cover unforeseen costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to assess the windows! Pella Windows and Doors Southwest has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can tie in an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important aspects of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they offer light into your space, set the tone for the room and give you a gateway to the outdoors, which really feels nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are interested in replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors Southwest a call at 505-373-1296, visit our Albuquerque showroom or book an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you choose the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.