Fall is just around the corner in Albuquerque, and as the season begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our homes. Now is the perfect time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and add some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to reflect the feel of the season. Doors are typically the focal point of a home—they create curb appeal and can make a large impact on someone’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to think about when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are many ways to create levels, including using decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to place pumpkins or other unique fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should complement it. Gourds and pumpkins always provide a great pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a good option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this year include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a clever fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating may include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors Southwest in Albuquerque a call at 505-373-1296 or arrange an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a great time for a new front door and a new look!