When it’s your year to host the family for the holidays in Albuquerque, you might feel more than a little stressed. As a million questions run through your mind and the unknown of how you’ll get everything done emerges, we are here to tell you that it can be a simple and organized season.
Regardless of whether you are having five or 50 people over for the holidays, these tips can help prepare you and your home to effortlessly look calm and collected.
- A storage-packed island will provide maximum space in the most important room during the holidays—the kitchen. Keeping things organized will give you the space you need to prepare food and visit with family. After a full day of cooking, a kitchen island with hidden nooks and crannies allows you to simply put all of the dishes away and say goodbye to your one-and-done pans.
- The holidays are the perfect time for you to dress up your fireplace with up-to-date design trends. Not only does it keep your home warm, but it is often the focal point of the room. Whether you want a television or various decorations hung above the mantel, the possibilities to add a personal touch abound.
- Now is a great time to call in the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors Southwest in Albuquerque to insulate and seal your windows. Keep your guests warm in those rooms you rarely use. Reduce the chilly drafts by adding insulation, or even replacement windows, to make sure everyone has a warm and cozy holiday.
- The winter months can sometimes get to be a little dreary. Through such a cold season in Albuquerque, it can be difficult to find bright colors besides your friend’s ugly Christmas sweater or Grandma’s cookie frosting. Get creative with indoor plants and flowers —this will add some life and is a great outlet for a craft day.
- Whether you need more chairs around your table or you want a dedicated area for the kids to eat, make sure to provide enough easy seating and places to dine for your guests. Don’t forget about comfy places to settle after a big Thanksgiving dinner, either.
- Let’s be real, holiday food is the best. Touch up on your home, but also fine-tune your favorite recipes. When your food matches the beauty of your kitchen, your guests will want to come back to the best kitchen in Albuquerque every year. If you don’t like cooking, have a little fun looking for festive plates to put tasty treats on.
- This time of year is a perfect time to check or install your smoke alarms. It’s easy to be forgetful, especially during busy holidays. No matter how great of a cook you are, sometimes things go wrong in the kitchen—it is better to be prepared and keep your guests safe.
- While they may collect dust during the rest of the year, dining rooms finally get the action they deserve around the holidays. Whether you love a festive, themed table or a simple setting, there are infinite up-to-date design options you can take advantage of. Add anything from a grouping of candles to a bowl of pinecones to bring attention to the center of the table as a wintry statement piece.
- With bay windows there are endless possibilities to expand your space and utilize a nook. Make use of your untouched space and add tables, chairs or even a a bench that can store pillow and throws for chilly nights. Make a perfect spot to reflect on your holidays and enjoy a cup of hot chocolate after a successful celebration.
- Last, no matter how many projects you can fit in before the holidays, the most important part of the season is time with your loved ones. Any projects you complete will make your house more inviting. There isn’t a better time to feel at home in Albuquerque than the holidays. Toss in some comfy throw pillows and enjoy.
For more tips on making your holiday season a little more cozy for your friends and family, visit our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors Southwest in our Albuquerque showroom or give us a call at 505-373-1296.